[rt-users] Speed Issues?

Mike Barrett mike at daboyz.org
Tue Aug 13 03:13:47 EDT 2002

Hi, I was just curious if anyone else has had any speed issues with a setup
similar to mine:

Ultra 10, 1024 megs of RAM
Solaris 8
RT 2.0.14
Apache 1.3.26 - mod_perl 1.27
PostGresQL 7.2.1

====
I've just set up RT and began using it.  My Postgres databases are extremely
small right now.  I've got maybe a total of 5 tickets in the system, and the
postgres database isn't being used all that much by anything else.

Whenever someone goes to look at a specific ticket however, it seems to take
on average about 1-4 seconds for the page to be displayed.  During this time
I notice that my CPU usage goes to 100%.

I'm wondering if postgres is the culprit here, but thats just a guess.  Has
anyone used RT with the latest postgres?

Any help you can give would be great.  Thanks.

                Mike Barrett | "I used to read, now I go to raves."
             mike at daboyz.org | -- Random MUNI Rider, speaking
              www.daboyz.org |    to my friend Allison.