[rt-users] fun with Klez

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Aug 13 05:35:44 EDT 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Phil Homewood wrote:

> Vivek Khera wrote:
> > Is there some way to protect from this?  I see a function called
> > IsRTAddress, but is is documented as only having any purpose when
> > $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs is true.  Can I make RT *never* send email
> > to any address identified by that function?
>
> You might also be being bitten by the loop detection not working
> right, due to something (as yet undiagnosed) appending spaces to
> some headers. Check

And to get around that, I'd suggest changing one line in
RT::Interface::Email->CheckForLoops from:

	    if ($RTLoop eq "$RT::rtname") {

	    if ($RTLoop =~ /^\s*$RT::rtname\s*$/ ) {

Also note the TODO comment in that function.  Personally I'd suggest
adding the following after that:

	    # If X-RT-Loop-Prevention contains _anything_, treat it as a
	    # loop.
	    if ($RTLoop =~ /\S+/ ) {
	        return( 2 );
	    }

RT::Action::AnythingSendingEmail should also be preserving X-Loop headers
as-is from correspondence (which to my shame my queues do not do).

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security