[rt-users] Speed Issues?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Aug 13 11:10:31 EDT 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Vivek Khera wrote:

> So, basically, overnight when nobody accessed RT, all the memory used
> by it got swapped out.  When you came in, it took a few seconds to
> pull back all the memory from swap...

I knew this.  I was just letting people know it was not all that slow
unless you're doing like we are - slow processor, minimal RAM, and slow
disks - and it was the first access of the day.  DNS access probably was
causing it to swap out.

> Only solution is to add RAM or get faster disks.

Not a problem.  In fact I think less than 10 seconds isn't all that bad.
I couldn't type out an entry in less than 5 seconds.  (Sometimes being
slow isn't all that bad.  :-)

Rod