[rt-users] Features Question

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed Aug 14 20:09:49 EDT 2002

Derek J. Balling wrote:
> OK, the only problem now is that the requestor and the admincc are both
> e-mail addresses (which crowds the page significantly). Since both
> e-mail addresses map to users, is there any way to tell RT "if you know
> who this e-mail address belongs to, just use their RT userid in the
> display?"....

OK, now you're getting tricky. :-)

For some (probably hysterical) reason, a Watcher ISnotA User.
Which breaks your assumption that "both e-mail addresses map to
users" (as far as the code you're dealing with. You can get to
the User from the Watcher by creating a User object and doing
a LoadByEmail, and then you have $User->Name to play with...)

No, I can't think of an easy way to do this. You /might/ be able
to hack the Email function in Watcher.pm to return a User->Name,
which would affect at least all fooAsString functions, and might
well break other stuff. You could code a Name function into
Watcher.pm, then a NamesAsString in Watchers.pm, then
AdminCcNamesAsString in Ticket.pm, but that's quite a lot of work.

Or you could shrink your font sizes down to microscopic, buy a
24" monitor, and stop caring about wasted horizontal space. :^)
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630