[rt-users] New rt2 install- customization questions

billp billp at wjp.net
Wed Aug 14 21:09:21 EDT 2002

I am finally getting around to installing RT2, and have a long
laundry list of customizations that I would like to do before
putting it in production.   (Actually, with the help of the
archives and some work on my own, I am getting real close.)

I thought it would be easier to put them all in one email, rather
than break them up by type of question -- I hope that is ok.

1) Is there a way to add a keyword item to the ticket list?
   (In %WebOptions, what would be the entry?)
   I looked at KeywordSelects, but I did not quite understand
   how to implement this.

2) Is there a way to add the number of transactions a ticket has to
   the ticket list?  (In %WebOptions, what would be the entry?)

3) I don't know mason.  Is there a way to execute a shell script
   (basically outputs html of our "network status") around line 14
   of the main WebRT/html/index.html?

4) Has anyone written a scrip that will email the ticket
   owner if a ticket is created via the web (by someone else),
   to let them know they have a ticket waiting?

5) Is there a scrip that can email all queue members (users
   with permission to the queue) upon a ticket created via email?
   (Similar to rt1 operation.)

6) Can someone define who exactly gets emailed with these
    scrip actions:
        NotifyAdminCcs
        NotifyOtherRecipients
        NotifyAllWatchers
    Do some of them overlap/have common recipients?

Possible future enhancements-- has anyone attempted any of these
types of things, if not, might they be considered for a future
feature?

1) Summary section on the home screen, by user.
   Similar to the "Find new/open tickets" queue list, but have
   the same list per-user.  Only allow for privleged users, possibly
   restricting being listed via a permission.

2) Displaying children tickets directly under the parent ticket on the
   search and/or home screens (ticket summaries.)

3) Ability to automatically comment/reply/resolve ALL children tickets
   within the parent ticket?  Could this be done with a scrip?

thanks
bill