[rt-users] New rt2 install- customization questions

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 04:33:38 EDT 2002

On Wednesday billp wrote:

> 3) I don't know mason.  Is there a way to execute a shell script
> (basically outputs html of our "network status") around line 14 of the
> main WebRT/html/index.html?

My Mason knowledge is limited to what I've guessed from reading 'RT'
files, but I'd expect something like this to work:

  <% qx[/usr/local/bin/network-status-html] %>

> 4) Has anyone written a scrip that will email the ticket
>    owner if a ticket is created via the web (by someone else),
>    to let them know they have a ticket waiting?

Just configure the default conditions and actions:

  OnCreate NotifyOwner with Template Creation

> 5) Is there a scrip that can email all queue members (users
>    with permission to the queue) upon a ticket created via email?
>    (Similar to rt1 operation.)

  OnCreate NotifyAdminCcs with Template Creation
  OnCreate Ccs with Template Creation

> 2) Displaying children tickets directly under the parent ticket on the
>    search and/or home screens (ticket summaries.)

This (or something similar to it) is near the top of our to-do list.
I'll let you know how we get on.

> 3) Ability to automatically comment/reply/resolve ALL children tickets
>    within the parent ticket?  Could this be done with a scrip?

We're planning on using the bulk update ('Update all these tickets at
once') script for this -- we just need to populate a search result set
with the children of a given parent so that'll work.

Smylers
--
GBdirect
http://www.gbdirect.co.uk/