[rt-users] WebExternalAuth performance

Neil Bingham neil.bingham at pace.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 12:25:21 EDT 2002

Hi,

I've been experimenting with the WebExternalAuth in RT and have noticed
something a little odd.

We are using an external authentication program for all our Apache
authentication by using mod_auth_external.  What I have noticed is that
since switching RT to using WebExternalAuth my external auth program is
called every time a URL is requested from RT.  This is posing a serious
performance overhead as the auth lookup takes several seconds.

Is there no way to plug in an external authenticator program into RT and
then take advantage of its cookies for performance reasons?

Neil.