[rt-users] Vacation reassignment

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Aug 19 13:54:30 EDT 2002

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Nathan Evans wrote:

> Is it possible to temporarily reassign tickets to the AdminCCs when the
> ticket owner is away?
> When the owner of a ticket is away, the rest of the Admins of that queue
> don't see the updates.  So they sit until the owner returns...
>
> I think a scrip something like:
> On transaction where owner is <person on vacation>, notify AdminCCs,
> Template Away_transaction

Defined '<person on vacation>', as in, how does RT 'know' that the person
is away on vacation ?

For our instance (note, musings, not implemented), we have a company-wide
store of timeouts, which I guess I could point an RT Scrip at to find out
whether a given AdminCc is out of the office for an extended period.  For
other companies, it might be as simple as 'cat ~user/.forward | grep
vacation'.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security