[rt-users] Vacation (holiday) reassignment

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Aug 20 08:58:18 EDT 2002

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Grant Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 07:54:30PM +0200, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Nathan Evans wrote:
> >
> > > Is it possible to temporarily reassign tickets to the AdminCCs when the
> > > ticket owner is away?
> > > I think a scrip something like:
> > > On transaction where owner is <person on vacation>, notify AdminCCs,
> > > Template Away_transaction
> >
> > Defined '<person on vacation>', as in, how does RT 'know' that the person
> > is away on vacation ?
>
> I think a checkbox "On Vacation" in the /Admin/Users/Modify.html page would
> be a way to let RT know.  Then you would have to add a row to the Users table
> to store that information.

Possibly an easier thing would be to use the Privileged column, with a
value of '2' indicating that they are away on holidays.  This thus
requires no schema changes.

Personally I think that this is a per-site policy issue, where either all
AdminCcs get all of the correspondence (thus is someone is away and the
requestor wonders whats going on, someone else will notice), or the
AdminCc who is going away must re-assign their tickets before going on
holidays.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security

  As a side note, a 'vacation' is used incorrectly in American-English to
  refer to both the interval of time in which someone is away, and what a
  person does in that period of time, eg: 'I had a vacation at the Grand
  Canyon'.

  Of course, the more appropriate term for the latter is a 'holiday', in
  both its festival/cheerful, and occurring rarely definitions (especially
  with America's standard two weeks per year).  Thus, 'During my vacation
  time, I had a holiday at the Grand Canyon'.

  Personally during some of my six weeks holiday time, I'll be going to
  some nice Greek islands.