[rt-users] RT2 Speed/performance problems.

Maren S. Leizaola maren at leizaola.com
Tue Aug 20 03:42:58 EDT 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Rich Lafferty wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 03:06:05PM +0800, Maren S. Leizaola <maren at leizaola.com> wrote:
> >
> > 3-10 seconds is the norm, for us it does not cut it.
>
> So yours takes 5-10x as long as mine when I use Mozilla, but runs on
> faster hardware. Still think it's RT?

Well this is what I see...

The board is an ASUS P2BF-D (old but great board), with two PII 450Mhz,
the machine has 512MB of RAM, the disks are running on a promise raid
TX2-100. The disks are idle, the HTTP deamons eat CPU like there is no
tomorow, and they inflate themselves like zepplins, even with only one
user.

I also think that RT UI is designed for large teams and the number of
clicks at the interface are execessive for smaller support teams. Less
clicks more speed more e-mails out. With RT1 we could respond about 10% of
e-mails in under 5 mins, as it was quick and nimble.

Cheers,
Maren.