[rt-users] mon and rt

Ted Serreyn ted at serreyn.com
Wed Aug 21 19:54:43 EDT 2002

I'm the author of gnats.alert for mon so I have a little experience in this
matter ;).

Basically things are much easier under RT, you can just have mon open tickets
by using the email address to generate the tickets.

The problem with any of these systems, is that mon doesn't know about ticket
numbers, so if the problem gets fixed and you get an up-alert, there is no way
that I have found to close the opened ticket.

Not a big deal if you only have mon open tickets on a few things, but if you
have a huge mon install, this could present a problem.

I mean how much fun is it to go and look at mon to verify it is now up in order
to close the ticket.

Ted Serreyn