[rt-users] Uninstalling ScripsActions

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.biz
Tue Aug 27 08:52:16 EDT 2002

* Harald Wagener <hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com> [20020826 11:21]: wrote:
> Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have just two questions for the week ;-)
> >
> >1. Other than using a long sql query (maybe), is there an easy/cleaner way
> >to uninstall
> >   Scripactions?
> >
> >2. Does someone have a good HOWTO on "Escalator" script installation?
> >   I've read the thing but it doesn't quite get in, and I've done that
> >   more than 10 times!
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> >        cheers
> >       - wash
>
> The escalator is not a scrip action thing like the other stuff. Basic
> escalation functionality is already part of RT, but RT itself is not able
> to do things on a scheduled basis. So, You have to call the escalator
> script on a daily base using Your favorite cron daemon.

Hello Harald,

That explanation was quite helpful. I'd been wondering all along why an external
method had to be used.
However, one question still remains in my mind: How can the escalator help me
apart from showing that the priority has been changed on th web UI? I was thinking
in the lines of (say) in a situation where priority begins at 0, and with time
moves towards 10 over 10 days, I'd like to have the Admin Watcher notified when
priority is over 6. It means ticket is still unresolved, yes? Maybe this can be
done but I am by no means capable of coming up with something that can do it.

It again leaves me wondering - what is the expect effect of the escalator??

TIA

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash at wananchi.com>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

Legalize free-enterprise murder: why should governments have all the
fun?