[rt-users] Newbie question: Upgrading Mason...

Mark Moorcroft mmoorcroft at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 27 15:25:04 EDT 2002

>On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Jim Keene wrote:
>
>1.05 contains some minor bugfixes compared to 1.02, but nothing that is
>likely to affect RT, to the best of my knowledge.
>
>1.10+ contains quite a number of cool new features, but these are only of
>interest to people actively developing applications that _use_ Mason.  So
>while Jesse may want to explore new Mason features in the future as he
>works on RT, it is not all that likely that RT users will find a need for
>the newer versions of Mason, unless they are heavily customizing RT
>themselves.

As I found out the hard way on my third attempt to get RT running on
my OSX box, "make fixdeps" will happily install the latest Mason for
you. This is a change in the last couple of weeks as far as I can
remember. It seems this is not an issue with the release version of
RT, and is not mentioned in the bundled documents. If your installing
one of the dev builds it's another story. This is mentioned in the
online documents, but not the bundled ones. I have posted about Mason
1.1 recently, but I thought I would reiterate. I am still trying to
get the stable release RT working and I am running Mason 1.1x. My
latest roadblock is with mysql refusing to build a dynamic library
(an OSX thing apparently).

--FYI
--

Mark Moorcroft