[rt-users] CC not working when I create ticket...

Patrick Harlin pathar at dc.luth.se
Wed Aug 28 04:34:07 EDT 2002

Hi,

First I would like to thank Arthur de Jong for a good description of RT2 ACLs
that I found on the list (from 4 April 2001).

I'v got problems with my scipts. I would like all CCs (and bcc, admin CC, and
all other receipiants) to receive mail, when I address them. It works when I
comment things, but not when I am creating a ticket ?

This is my global script configuration:

         OnCorrespond NotifyOtherRecipients with template Correspondence

         OnComment NotifyOtherRecipientsAsComment with template Correspondence

         OnCorrespond NotifyRequestors with template Correspondence

I have also tried to add "OnCreate NotifyOtherRecipientsAsComment with
template Correspondence", but the CCs still not get the mail ?

I know that is a good thing to be able to configure a lot of options, but at
the same time things have become more complex to manage in RT2 compared to
rt1. It is a nice feature allowing different actions to occure at different
events. But why would people ever like to use forms where you could add
receiptiants, but it would not work if you not have added a script for it ? It
seems a little bit unlogical for me. Why needing to add scripts in order to
make the mail forms to work ?

I really appreciate any coments that would make me wiser. I may have
missunderstood the concept.

/Cheers,

Patrick Harlin, SysAdmin
Luleå University of Technology