[rt-users] Priority - Probably a newbie question... sorry in advance

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Mon Dec 2 06:15:35 EST 2002

Am Montag, 02.12.02 um 11:26 Uhr schrieb Craig Fisher:

> Hi all.
> Newbie alert. Just got RT up and running and configured - mostly.
> Looking good so far...
>
> However, I can't find information on how/when the auto-escalation of
> priority works, although it's referred to in the example priority
> section on RTFM.

The auto escalation is a script that needs to be run from script on a
regular basis. It is found in the contrib area together with a readme.
Have a look at the script itself as well, while You are at it. IIRC,
RT3 will have auto escalation built in.

> How are people using priority in real-world situations? Are folks
> using a small (eg 0-5) range, or more detailed (eg 0-99) range?  Is
> the numerically greater priority the most important? Is that
> customisable?

Normally, greater is more important. You can set the max prio used, and
You could hack the escalator to reduce priority instead of raising it.
I know people who use 20/40/../100. You can set the maximum priority on
a per queue basis.

Regards,
     Harald
--
Harald Wagener * FCB/Wilkens * An der Alster 42 * 20099 Hamburg