[rt-users] LDAP Authentication, Redux

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Mon Dec 2 16:05:42 EST 2002

I've seen various messages in the archives about using LDAP to
authenticate users, but everything I see seems to point to the
LookupSenderInExternalDatabase chain of defines, which is great for
E-Mail, but doesn't do anything for user 'foo' who wants to login to
the web interface and check on his/her tickets.

Is there anyone who is auth'ing the web interface against LDAP as well?
(with the MySQL backend, obviously, holding permissions and such for
users who have them).  Can someone point me at either relevant howto's,
archived messages, etc., because I'm not seeing them... :-/