[rt-users] Requestor cannot be found

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Dec 5 04:23:45 EST 2002

Am Mittwoch, 04.12.02 um 21:07 Uhr schrieb John Gedeon:

> I have looked through all the rt files and cannot find why my
> requestors are not found in the external database lookup.
> I tested my database look up code and it returns proper things.
> however when I send emails to rt it rejects them saying
> "RT couldn't find requestor via its external database lookup"
> where do I look to fix that?

First, in config.pm set $LogToFile = 'debug', so rt is a bit more
chatty about what it does and does not.

Second, Sprinkle Your own code with some debug messages as well, while
You are at it. Look hard. Look really hard at what is shown.

Third, compare Your code with the other implementation available in the
contrib and rt-addons directories.

Fourth, don't be afraid to show Your code here, so other may spot Your
errors (peer review is always fine).

--
Harald Wagener * FCB/Wilkens * An der Alster 42 * 20099 Hamburg