[rt-users] Sending emails from request tracker

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Thu Dec 5 16:58:44 EST 2002

SN> It would also be nice if I could get some of my automaticly created
SN> emails to be send through request tracker.

We do this for some of our automatic notices that don't need to be
personalized:  we have an external process that decides the message
needs to be sent to a user send a short one liner request to a
specific RT queue faking the From address as the person who needs the
notice.  The queue is set up to autorespond with the message we want
them to get. All correspondence is now tracked via RT.

We haven't figured out a good way to customize the autoresponder, but
I'm sure someone could get creative ;-)