[rt-users] Changes to system

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Mon Dec 9 12:22:53 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 10:43:07AM -0500, Rich Lafferty <rich+rt at lafferty.ca> wrote:

>     BEGIN WORK;
>     ALTER TABLE Tickets id int not null;  -- removed "auto_increment"
>     INSERT INTO TICKETS (id) VALUES (new_starting_id);
>     ALTER TABLE Tickets id int not null auto_increment;
>     DELETE FROM TICKETS WHERE id = new_starting_id;
>     COMMIT;
>
> (If I remember my password, I'll test and faq that.)

Now that I'm using the right username, I've tested and faq'd that.
It turned out much simpler for InnoDB:

   http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=5#224

If someone would like to provide the equivalent instructions for
PostgreSQL, I'll happily add them.

Cheers,

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!