[rt-users] DBI errors after perl upgrade please help!

Chris Huff chuff at kazootek.com
Tue Dec 10 04:19:16 EST 2002

Hi all, my hand was forced tonight to upgrade perl to try and get rid of all
the segfaults with apache and mod_perl. After upgradeing from 5.6.0 to 5.6.1
Im getting all sorts of module errors. Ive solved some of them but im stuck
on this one.

/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 550 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Can't locate object method "require_version" via package "DBI" at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux/Apache/DBI.pm line 9.

/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

It looks like Im close but Im ruinning out of ideas. This is for the ticket
sustem for my company that gets about 1000 emails a day. I have to have this
up by morning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris Huff

apache
NameVirtualHost 172.18.200.115

<VirtualHost 172.18.200.115>
DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html
ServerName rt.kazootek.com
PerlModule Apache::DBI
# PerlModule Apache::GD::Graph
PerlFreshRestart On
PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
<Location />
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>