[rt-users] RequestTracker - have people used it in this environment?

ADFH rtml at bachelorguy.com
Thu Dec 12 03:01:40 EST 2002

I've been instructed to look into building a job tracking system for an
organisation. I figure there is absolutely no point in reinventing the
wheel :) ...

I read through the FAQs and the manual - but didn't really find a
section devoted to "What RequestTracker is and isn't suitable for"..

What we need is a system which accepts tasks that are to be done for
someone, this person or entity can be an internal or external entity
consisting of one or more persons.

These tasks may be standalone tasks or part of a greater project.

These tasks may be assigned to be the responsibility of an entity which
can consist of one or more persons.

Can RequestTracker do this?

Additionally, some of the tasks within the organisation are to be
tracked with CVS - has anyone done any CVS<->RT integration?

Anthony