[rt-users] Content-Type weirdness with NotifyWithAttachment

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Mon Dec 16 00:52:37 EST 2002

Lynoure Rajam?ki wrote:
> My problem is still unsolved, but I noticed RT with NotifyWithAttachment
> sets the boundary in multipart/mixed messages to be form
>
> ------------=_1039689841-20574-4
>
> when having
> according to RTF 1521 it should have two hyphens and no more, e.g.
>
> --=_1039689841-20574-4

Good catch...

> Could somebody point out where the boundary is set so I can get rid of
> the extra hyphens? Or would this question be better asked from rt-devel?

This is set in MIME::Entity, in particular the "make_boundary" sub.
This generates a boundary with ten leading dashes (which agrees with
the twelve dashes you see in your boundary.) However these ten dashes
are absent in the Content-Type header. Why? I don't know. But that
should at least give you a starting point. :-) Good luck...

--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630