[rt-users] 1) CLI as non-root? 2)Watchers

Mike Patterson map at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 16 19:44:10 EST 2002

I'm giving a demo of RT to tech support group tommorow and I'm trying to
anticipate some of their requests.

1) CLI
Can non-root users use the CLI (e.g. as root I can do this:
/opt/rt2/bin/rt --id="400" --status="resolved" (to change ticket #400 to
resolved) but I get permission denied if I'm doing it as a regular user.
  Can I specify username/password (e.g. -u joeuser -p like you would in
mysql)?  Or do I need their Unix ID somehow tied to it.

2) Watchers
I've gone through various combinations of Scrips and Watchers(AdminCC
and CC settings) and haven't got it right.  I would like one group of
our techs to only see: OnCreate and OnCorrespond Notify ...
and another group to see it all (OnCreate, OnComment, OnCorrespond,
OnStatus Notify ...) I don't want anyone's email to appear as a CC on
the mail sent in either case (I just want it to be from rt at xxxx).
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike