[rt-users] Bad RFC822 field name error?

Autrijus Tang autrijus at autrijus.org
Mon Dec 16 22:56:03 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 12:01:33PM -0700, Steven Ball wrote:
> I am getting an odd error, perhaps someone will know the fix?
> I have RT version 2.1.54 installed on a RedHat 8.0 box, which uses
> apache 2.0.  RT seemed to install OK, and seems to work just fine,
> except for when it wants to send email, at which time I get this error
> every time:
> Bad RFC822 field name 'C0c0 T-Type'

This is due to a known (and fixed in bleadperl) regex bug:
http://rt.perl.org/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=18107

I have provided a workaround that seem to fix the problem
(by forcing utf8::downgrade() on headers); it has been
included in MailTools 1.53, so please upgrade to that version.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/