[rt-users] Auto-logout problem with IE

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Dec 17 17:32:35 EST 2002

OS: 2000, XP
Browser: IE 5.5,6
Server: Redhat 8, Apache 1.3.27, mod_perl 1.27, rt 2.0.15, MySQL 3.23.53a,
HTML:Mason 1.1.15, Perl 5.8.0

Problem: Using IE, a user can login successfully, but if they click on any
link, it automatically logs them out and takes them to the login page. If
you login again, it will take you to the page you requested previously.
This works fine with the Phoenix browser (Mozilla branch), not sure of any
others. I have played with the caching, cookie, etc. parameters under
internet options, but it hasn't made a difference. It also seems to be
related to how many users access the browser. For some people who are the
only ones to use the terminal, it works ok (on my laptop, which was just
installed with XP last week, and I am the only user, it does not work) and
on systems that are shared, it never works.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, where is session data stored, in
the cookie? I don't see any tables that could be holding it. Or is it a
variable that is passed between pages? Or is it in the URL? At a quick
glance, I don't see it in the URL.

Thanks in advance.
Tom Lichti