[rt-users] installation troubles.

Jonathan - Nextreg Domain Names Inc. jms at nextreg.com
Thu Dec 19 07:07:16 EST 2002

I've installed rt2 without a problem on another server.. worked right from compilation.  However, this second server is proving to be a headache.  It's running apache1.3.27, mod_perl 1.27, PHP 4.2.x, Perl 5.6.1 yet everything I've done to try to make it work ends up with when going to the WebUI a dialog box pops up asking to download the filert.nextreg[1].  If I just open it from here it's the source code from rt.  I think there is a problem in my Mason somewhere but I dont know enough about it to troubleshoot.  Below is the Virtualhost entry in the httpd.conf

<VirtualHost 192.168.4.117>
DocumentRoot /opt/rt2/WebRT/html/
ServerName rt.nextreg.com
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlFreshRestart On
PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log
TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/rt_log
<Location />
#DirectoryIndex index.html
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

One last thing to note would be that .html files are to be parsed by php as well (this is needed for our site to properly work)  but even when removed and restated the problem persists.  If someone could help me it would be much appreciated.

Jonathan
Nextreg Domain Names Inc. Administrator