[rt-users] (no subject)

Emre Bastuz ebastuz at netcologne.de
Sat Dec 21 02:08:05 EST 2002

Hi Bobby,

if mod_perl has been compiled as a DSO it will not show
up when doing a httpd -l.

You should check your apache error-log - when you start the daemon
there should be a line, indicating what modules have been
loaded (mod_php, mod_perl, etc.):

Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) PHP/4.2.2 mod_ssl/2.8.10 OpenSSL/0.9.6d configured

You can only see mod_php in httpd -l if it has been compiled statically into the
httpd binary - which seems not to be the case with most out of the box
installations of apache.

As mod_so is compiled into your httpd (mod_so.c), I believe that most functions
of Apache are provided by DSOs. You should see a lot of lines like "AddModule
.... LoadModule ..." in your httpd.conf.

I don´t know if Mandrake has an Apache package with mod_perl statically
included but it seems you have to compile the stuff "manually" if you
want it that way.

I have read a couple of times that mod_perl as DSO sucks but I´d give it
a try anyway.

Regards,

Emre