[rt-users] Migration issues with RT

Binand Raj S. binand at gmx.net
Thu Dec 26 01:54:21 EST 2002

Hi,

My company moved to a new domain - from xxx.com to yyy.com. I have to
migrate my RT installation too. :(

1. What are the changes I need to make? I can see $rtname and
$Organization in config.pm. Do I have to change anywhere else? Or just
perl -pi -e 's/xxx/yyy/g' config.pm is enough?

2. Our email addresses will also change (with a forwarding to the old
address to the new address). Does this concern RT? Same question with
the RT URL.

3. Any changes to be made in database?

4. I am sure people will correspond with [xxx.com #nnn] in the subject
(at least for some time). How do I as RT to treat that as [yyy.com #nnn]?
I can ask procmail to rewrite the subject header, I guess.

In a related query, anyone ever tried migrating RT (with tickets and
scrips and everything) from MySQL to PostgreSQL? My RT database dump is
about 10 MB now.

Binand