[rt-users] RT talking to RT

Florian Weimer Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Sat Dec 28 11:28:20 EST 2002

Andreas Hofmeister <Andreas.Hofmeister at solutions.pyramid.de> writes:

>>Does this seem sound?  Has anybody implemented it already? ;-)

> The problem was to get the mail from the MTA to the mailgate.

This is, actually, the trivial part.  Our Exim routers looks like
this:

# If the local part is a number, or a number followed by either
# "-comment" or "-bounce", this is mail for a specific ticket.

rt_ticket:
  domains = +rt_domains
  driver = accept
  local_part_suffix = -comment : -bounce
  local_part_suffix_optional
  condition = ${if match{$local_part}{^[0-9]+\$}{yes}{no}}
  transport = rt_ticket_transport

# Some people write "-comments", erroneously.

rt_ticket_comments:
  domains = +rt_domains
  driver = redirect
  local_part_suffix = -comments
  data = $local_part-comment@$domain

# All other mail is for some queue, possibly a comment.

rt_queue:
  domains = +rt_domains
  driver = accept
  local_part_suffix = -comment
  local_part_suffix_optional
  condition = ${if match{$local_part}{^[a-z\\-]+\$}{yes}{no}}
  transport = rt_queue_transport

Obviously, you have to use a dedicated domain to make the last one
work, and you have to catch the well-known mailboxes (such as
"postmaster") earlier.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer at CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/