[rt-users] RT talking to RT

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat Dec 28 12:33:14 EST 2002

> Mhh, one could do similar things with regex virtual domain 'tables' in
> postfix. However, you can not use pcre's for aliases with postfix, so
> postfix users had to use virtual domains to use your nice  extension :-(

In fact, rt.cpan.org does just that.  I have a virtual map of type
"regexp" that looks like this:

/^comment-(.*)@rt.cpan.org$/ cpan-comment+$1 at pallas.eruditorum.org
/^comment(.*)@bugs.cpan.org$/ cpan-comment+$1 at pallas.eruditorum.org
/^comment-(.*)@rt-cpan.fsck.com$/ cpan-comment+$1 at pallas.eruditorum.org
/^bug-(.*)@rt.cpan.org$/ cpan-bug+$1 at pallas.eruditorum.org
/^bug-(.*)@bugs.cpan.org$/ cpan-bug+$1 at pallas.eruditorum.org
/^bug-(.*)@rt-cpan.fsck.com$/ cpan-bug+$1 at pallas.eruditorum.org

and lines in /etc/aliases that look like this:

cpan-bug: "|/opt/rt-cpan/bin/mailaudit /opt/rt-cpan/bin/rt-mailgate --queue-from-extension --action 'correspond'"
cpan-comment: "|/opt/rt-cpan/bin/mailaudit /opt/rt-cpan/bin/rt-mailgate --queue-from-extension --action 'comment'"

But yes, the hard part here is keeping track of the remote ticket ID, so
that you don't accidentally create a bunch of tickets at the remote
site.  If everyone used ticket-specific addresses, it would be easy.

But florian's idea of setting up a scrip to scrape subject changes from
autreplies seems clever enough to deal with most sites. I'd love to see
the scrip used to implement that.

	Best,
	Jesse

--