[rt-users] Re: Re: Sqwebmail removes [...] from Subject (Interoperability between Courier and RT)

acli@ada.dhs.org via news-to-mail gateway news-misc at ada.dhs.org
Sun Dec 29 02:59:21 EST 2002

In article <w52wultqt9c.fsf at debian.directionless.org>, seph
<seph at commerceflow.com> wrote:

>Ambrose Li <acli at ada.dhs.org> wrote:
>
>> Ah, but ticket-specific email addresses would mean having to
>> hack crossbar.cf, or is it aliases.cf, or is it some other
>> zmsh script?  I don't even have a clue :-)
>
>nah, it's much easier than that. At a very simple
>level, you could use a domain for your tickets
>(ticketnum at tickets.example.com). The major MTAs should handle
>this. If you really didn't want to, it's pretty easy to get the
>major MTAs to send everything matching a simple pattern to a
>host (ticket+ticketnum at example.com)

Ah, for my MTA I really have to hack some, and I found that the
file to hack is aliases.cf, though the hacking is much easier
than I thought.

The hack is basically finished; I'll post it after I make sure
it works exactly the way I want it to work.

--
Ambrose Li  <a.c.li at ieee.org>
http://ada.dhs.org/~acli/cmcc/  http://www.cccgt.org/

DRM is theft - We are the stakeholders