[rt-users] Ownership

Bret Martin bam at miranda.org
Fri Feb 1 09:09:06 EST 2002

On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 02:35:42 EST Jon Anhold wrote:
> Instead of modifying the ticket and _giving_ them ownership, it'd be really
> nifty to somehow hand them the ticket so it shows up in their 'inbox' of
> owned tickets, but then they need to TAKE ownership of the ticket and then
> move forward completeing certain tasks, etc.
>
> How difficult would it be to impliment something like this?

The way we accomplish this is by convention: the "new" status means a
ticket hasn't been acknowledged.  "Open" means it has.

So, when things come into a general queue, my manager and I move them
to the right queue and owner.  The others in our group can look for
"new" tickets assigned to them.

--Bret