[rt-users] Modifying domain on RT replies

Beachey, Kendric Kendric.Beachey at garmin.com
Fri Feb 1 10:52:06 EST 2002

> From: Trever Furnish [mailto:tfurnish at mail1.wowemployers.com]
>
> But what if RT is the only app on the box that you want to send mail
> "from" that domain?  For example, you have rt.abc.com and
> rt.def.com on
> the same system and want the outgoing mail to have the proper "from"
> address so that responses can be directed to the proper
> instance of RT.
> Handling the *incoming* responses is simple sendmail stuff,
> but what about
> the outbound stuff?

Ummmm...I dunno.  :-)  We have other stuff running on our box, but RT is the
only job that handles mail.

Maybe you could run separate sendmail instances, on different IP addresses,
for each fake domain?  I'm a complete sendmail moron, and what I just said
probably shows it.  But it's the best thing I could think of...

Kendric