SOLVED: [rt-users] SLOW: Home -> Search in 5-6 seconds?

Jim Meyer purp at wildbrain.com
Fri Feb 1 18:51:31 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 18:18, Vivek Khera wrote:
> Get faster disks and allocate more resources for Postgres (shared
> memory segments, and also tell postgres to use more in postgres.conf).

Thanks for making me look at Postgres tuning before system tuning; it
turns out that one of our guys had config'd the Postgresql server to
maximum debug, maximum noisy, and maximum syslog level. Pretty much
every word of every conversation between the webserver and the database
server was being logged.

I've toned that down a bit and things are much, MUCH zippier now.

Thanks again!

--j
Jim Meyer, Geek At Large                              purp at wildbrain.com