[rt-users] Error starting Apache...

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Feb 4 04:44:51 EST 2002

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Olav [ISO-8859-1] Lindkjølen wrote:

> > If you really don't have Apache/DBI.pm, you need to install it manually,
> > via:
> >
> > 	perl -MCPAN -e'install Apache::DBI'
>
> Worked :-)

Cool.

> > ( you will probably also need to rinse and repeat for Apache::Session.
>
> >   See http://www.fsck.com/rtfm/ and search for 'Apache::' )
>
> Now I can start httpd, but got another problem when trying to access it
> from my win box:
> Internal Server error, and this entry in /var/log/httpd/error_log:
>
> [Sat Feb  2 15:43:49 2002] [error] Can't write to
> '/var/log/rt.log.21089.0': Permission denied at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Log/Dispatch/File.pm line 68.
>
> What permissions are wrong?

The user that your web server runs as is trying to create a log file for
RT as defined in etc/config.pm .  I would suggest that you create a
directory '/var/log/rt', chown that directory to be the web user, and edit
etc/config.pm ($LogDir) to point to that directory.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations