[rt-users] RE: PROCMAIL

George Warnagiris gwarnagiris at babcockbrown.com
Mon Feb 4 21:55:21 EST 2002

I have a problem using procmail with RT and I though you may be able to
help.  I have been assigned the task of cleaning up after my department's
Exchange administrators.  All SMTP email that leaves the Exchange servers
have a disclaimer appended.  For obvious reasons, I am trying to filter this
disclaimer before it hits RT.  I have created a procmail recipe that uses
perl to strip the unwanted text.  I though this should be invoked in the
aliases file like this:

helpdeskus: "| procmail /etc/.procmailrc | /opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue
helpdeskus --action correspond"

It, unfortunately, sends a blank, header-less, body-less email to RT.  I'm
not sure what I'm doing wrong here.  I thought you may be able to suggest a
better place to invoke procmail.  Maybe I should insert perl directly into
RT to perform this?

Any thoughts or suggestions on this mater would be appreciated.

Thanks,
George

This email message may contain information that is confidential and
proprietary to Babcock & Brown or a third party.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy the original and
any copies of the original message.  Babcock & Brown takes measures to
protect the content of its communications.  However, Babcock & Brown cannot
guarantee that email messages will not be intercepted by third parties or
that email messages will be free of errors or viruses.