[rt-users] Re: Feature diff RT1 v. RT2 ?

Forrest W. Christian forrestc at imach.com
Fri Feb 8 05:11:23 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Dave Ewart wrote:

> If you'd care to indulge me, though, can you mention one or two
> _specifc_ features which were absent from RT1 which you now feel that
> you could not "be without" in RT2?

I think the main thing that I couldn't live without in RT2 is improved
email handling.  It handles attachments correctly, and stores the emails
in the database instead of in files in a directory.

Also there is a lot of customization you can do with rt2 as far as what
gets responded to and to who and so on.  It's a pain to set up right, but
when you're done, it works good.

RT2 is much more template oriented, and you can change things quite easily
on pages if you don't quite like them.

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc at imach.com) AC7DE
The Innovation Machine Ltd.                              P.O. Box 5749
http://www.imach.com/                                Helena, MT  59604
Home of PacketFlux Technogies and BackupDNS.com         (406)-442-6648