[rt-users] mySQL DB create error ...

Eoin Verling everling at comnitel.com
Fri Feb 8 05:50:11 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm having a problem with installing RT-2.0.11 ... I've all the Perl
Modules installed, apache compiled with mod_perl, etc ... I can get as
far as the RT login page

The problem is with the creation of the DB on mySQL. I've running mySQL
on a Solaris 8 and RT (apache) is running on a Linux box .. bellow is
the error I get after running "make install"

Now populating database schema.
Enter the mysql password for rt_user:
Creating database schema.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Colum 'Keyword' is used with UNIQUE or
INDEX but is not defined as NOT NULL at tool/initdb line 166, <SCHEMA>
line 268.
Problem with statement:
 CREATE INDEX KeywordSelects1 ON KeywordSelects (Keyword)

Column 'Keyword' is used with UNIQUE or INDEX but is not defined as NOT
NULL at tools/initdb line 168, <SCHEMA> line 268.
make: *** [initdb.rtuser] Error 255

So, the DB gets created, and the table (at least 1) gets created, when
you look at the mySQL server.

Any ideas?

cheers

                          _
Eoin Verling            _/ \_   5300 Cork Airport Business Park,
SysAdmin               / \_/ \  Kinsale Rd., Cork, Ireland.
Comnitel Technologies  \_/ \_/  Ph: +353 21 7306008
everling at comnitel.com    \_/    Fax: +353 21 7306024