[rt-users] RT, Apache and PHP

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Wed Feb 13 04:44:03 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 05:37:46PM -0600, Matt Disney wrote:
> Actually, if you change the "SetHandler" line to :
>
> AddHandler perl-script .html
>
> That will fix the problem. It will only make Mason handle html files,
> not PHP files.
>
> Does anyone know of anything else this breaks? Maybe it should be like
> this in the docs and the README?

Yes, this breaks viewing attachments.  I also recall something to do
with being able to view code of files within Elements, but that may be
unrelated.

I experimented with this some time ago, and I currently have:

AddHandler perl-script .html
PerlHandler RT::Mason
<Directory /path/to/WebRT/html/SelfService/Attachment/>
    SetHandler perl-script
</Directory>
<Directory /path/to/WebRT/html/Ticket/Attachment/>
    SetHandler perl-script
</Directory>

Unfortunately, I can't remember all the reasons I decided this is
best.  This configuration does avoid passing images/CSS through Mason,
reducing server load (slightly) and allowing proxy servers and
browsers to cache such elements and send "If-Modified-Since" requests
for them.

I think the only other issue I need to deal with is viewing code of
files within Elements, as mentioned above.

Tom