[rt-users] Looking for solutions.. Suggestions..

Rob Walker rob at myinternetplace.net
Thu Feb 14 18:44:45 EST 2002

On Thursday 14 February 2002 15:12, RT2 Troubles wrote:

> > I would love to try out some of this code.  If you can, please email them
> > to rob at myinternetplace.net
>
> Each person gave me code with a similar disclaimer that it's for me to try
> and "too messy" for contribution. I know it's hard to separate ego from
> effort at times so I respect the decision of the developers.

Wow, they obviously haven't seen the code I have been putting on this list,
then, have they?  :-)

> The separate Queue was the messy part, we already have a zillion queues and
> adding another global queue that everyone has to sort through would not make
> me popular. I'll take a look at the enhanced mailgate, I had no idea it was
> capable of assigning priority to tickets.

From the enhanced-mailgate.README:

requestor [+|-]<emailaddress>
cc [+|-]<emailaddress>
admincc [+|-]<emailaddress>
        For watcher operations, the operator defaults to +

subject <string>
owner <rt-user>
due <date>
starts <date>
started <date>
resolved <date>
status <status>
final-priority <int>
priority <int>
queue <queue id>
<keywordselect> [+|-]<keyword>
        For keyword selects, the operator defaults to +

> > Something which writes to an 'active' table with each click of a user, and
> > then someone could have a 'watch' box, whereby each of their own clicks
> > could show everyone but themselves, and how long it has been since that
> > user last clicked.  You might have to turn off the refresh options on the
> > start page, or you might find that people are alwyas never more than 5
> > minutes idle.
>
> Or just make the auto-refresh action a condition that is passed to the
> script so that it is ignored?

I didn't know the refresh could do that.  What do you do if I am physically
here, but am just watching the queues refresh, not clicking on anything?

rob