[rt-users] mails bouncing: no recipients

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri Feb 15 08:01:09 EST 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Bengt Wessling wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Bengt Wessling wrote:
> > > I'm trying to get RT (2.0.9) sending mails like autoreplies. Incoming mails
> > > work fine. But outgoing mails are bouncing, the mta is postfix:
> > > <unknown>: Message processing aborted: No recipients specified
> >
> > Could you supply the following bits from your etc/config.pm:
>
> sure:
>
> > 	$MailCommand
> sendmail

Try sendmailpipe instead.  The 'sendmail' $MailCommand invokes
Mail::Mailer, which is broken on some systems.  You will also need to
ensure that

> > 	$SendmailArguments
> tried -oi, -oi -t and -oi -ODeliveryMode=b -OErrorMode=m

has '-t' in it somewhere, and that the web user can execute

> > 	$SendmailPath
> /usr/sbin/sendmail (that's the only one on the system)

successfully.

> > 	$UseFriendlyToLine
> 1, but also tried 0/undef

postfix shouldn't have a problem if this is set to 1, as all the comments
I've seen on it speak great tomes about the evils of sendmail being
Friendly ;)

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations