[rt-users] Hi all, installation woes

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 05:17:59 EST 2002

Hi all,

I've been having a few troubles installing RT 2.0.11 and need a little help.
I've had a look at the list archives but they seem to stop in March 2000, so
basically I've got a couple of questions.

1) is the list still active, or did that stop too?

2) based on the following info, can anyone see why I get HTTP response 404
when I try to access http://rt.ringways.co.uk  I'm using RH7.2 with latest
updates, and the following RPM's installed:

apache-1.3.20-16
apacheconf-0.8.1-1
apache-manual-1.3.20-16
apache-devel-1.3.20-16
mod_ssl-2.8.4-9
mod_throttle-3.1.2-1
mod_perl-1.24_01-3
mod_auth_pgsql-0.9.8-1
mod_put-1.3-1
mod_dav-1.0.2-6
mod_bandwidth-2.0.2-2

In Makefile
RT_PATH			=	/usr/local/rt2  (have tried /var/rt2)
DB_TYPE			=	Pg
DB_DBA			=	rtowner
DB_DBA_PASSWORD		=	<withheld
DB_HOST			=	localhost
DB_RT_HOST			=	localhost
DB_DATABASE			=	rt2
DB_RT_USER			=	rtowner
WEB_USER			=	apache
(tried rtowner and using SuExec but still ran as apache)
WEB_GROUP			=	rt

make testdeps worked and all dependancies checked ok
make install worked without errors

httpd.conf section
 <VirtualHost 10.1.1.101>
#    User rtowner
#    Group rt
     Options ExecCgi
     ServerAdmin webmaster at ringways.co.uk
     DocumentRoot /usr/local/rt2/WebRt/html
     ServerName rt.ringways.co.uk
     CustomLog logs/rt2/access_log common
     ErrorLog logs/rt2/error_log
     AgentLog logs/rt2/agent_log
     RefererLog logs/rt2/referer_log
     PerlModule Apache::DBI
     PerlFreshRestart On
     PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
     <Location />
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
     </Location>
 </VirtualHost>

Error in /var/log/httpd/rt2/error_log:
[Tue Feb 19 09:56:25 2002] [warn] [Mason] Cannot resolve file to component:
/usr/local/rt2/WebRt/html/ (is file outside component root?)

--
Gary Stainburn