[rt-users] rtname ticket tags

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Feb 19 17:30:18 EST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, justin m. clayton wrote:

> RT is still sending out the old tagline in things like the resolve
> template. the it looks like the correct tagline is being accepted,
> because using the old one generates a new tickets. the autoreply template
> seems to reply with the correct tagline.

I suspect that you'll find that RT is doing:

	Sending replies to Old tickets:
		old tag ([ee.washington.edu #1234]) + new tag ([UW/EEetc #12345])
	New tickets coming in:
		using new tag only.
	Old tickets coming in:
		old tag not recognised, new tag added and new ticket
		number assigned.

For what you've done, the behaviour is what is expected, hence all the big
scary warnings about 'Do Not Change $rtname.  Do not feed RT after
midnight'.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations