[rt-users] No RT user found.

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed Feb 20 05:20:23 EST 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Peter Bonifacio wrote:

> I have installed RT 2.0.11 on a Red Hat 7.2 box.
> I have setup variables for MySql for user=rt_user and password=rt_pass.
> However when I try to add users to the RT system either with:
> ./rtadmin --user=rt_user --password='rt_pass'
> or
> ./rtadmin --user=root --password=xyz
> I get the following error:
>
> No RT user found. Please consult your RT administrator.

You have not defined a Unix login for the root user.  Log in as root via
the WebUI, Configuration, Users, Root, and add 'root' to 'Unix login'.
 From then on, you'll be able to use the rtadmin cli with the RT 'root'
privileges as the Unix 'root' user.

> So how do I add a user? Or what have I messed up?

You have read http://www.fsck.com/rtfm/factoid.html?id=79 ?

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations