[rt-users] rtname ticket tags

Justin Clayton justincl at u.washington.edu
Wed Feb 20 14:59:07 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 11:06, justin m. clayton wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Bruce Campbell wrote:
>
> > Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:30:58 +0100 (CET)
> > From: Bruce Campbell <bruce_campbell at ripe.net>
> > To: justin m. clayton <justincl at u.washington.edu>
> > Subject: Re: [rt-users] rtname ticket tags
> >
> > On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, justin m. clayton wrote:
> >
> > > As I said previously, this is not, in fact, the case.
> > >
> > > New ticket comes in from user via email. Autoreply uses new tag, and tells
> > > user to use new tag. correspondence from user via email to rt using new
> > > tag is correctly parsed into ticket. further correspondence from rt to
> > > user uses *OLD* tag. email sent through OnResolve scrip uses *OLD* tag.
> >
> > Check the template that the OnResolve scrip (I suspect its an
> > OnCorrespond) is using.  From the sounds of it, you have the actual text
> > of the old $rtname typed into the template.
>
> No. Email from RT to a user is attaching the old tag to the subject
> lines of the emails it sends out. All templates are correct, I assume
> because $rtname is yanked out of config.pm on the fly. What I believe
> has happened is that $rtname gets stored somewhere in the db and then
> the email subject line actually references the db entry rather than
> config.pm.

Another piece of the puzzle:

Also using the old rtname is the <title> of each page ($Title in
WebRT/html/Elements/Header). It appears that on line 57, $Title is
assigned a value that uses $RT::rtname. Is this different from $rtname
in config.pm? It appears that it is, since it's reporting a different
value than what actually appears in config.pm...

Thanks for everyone's continued help. I love this system!