[rt-users] CONTRIB: Quickpicks v0.3 for WebRT

Jim Meyer purp at wildbrain.com
Wed Feb 20 21:55:03 EST 2002

Howdy!

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 11:09, Beachey, Kendric wrote:
> The width (in pixels) is set in a snippet of CSS code at the very end of the
> <select> tag.  You could change the value to suit your needs, or you could
> (as I did) just remove the CSS snippet, which allows the combo box to size
> itself according to its widest entry.  Jim probably figured that would make
> the screen too wide and so he limited it.

Change that last "Jim" to "Bruce Campbell of RIPE" and you're probably
dead on; I didn't frob that bit of code at all. However, I've now tried
it both ways and in several browsers and prefer it with the style
statement, so I'll be leaving it in.

> I'll second the "another great submission by Jim" comment.  Jim's only been
> on the list for what, a couple months?, but he's already become one of my
> favorite posters.  He's picked up the internals of RT way faster than I have
> and he's given back some great stuff.  And his posts are often entertaining.

As Sir Isaac Newton said, "If I see farther than others, it is because I
stand upon the shoulders of giants." RT's design is straightforward and
intuitive, which makes the twiddling I've done so far very easy. The
praise should rest at Jesse's doorstep -- and did you know he does
consulting for a living? http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/ for details.

As to entertaining, well, I do try. =]

Cheers!

--j