[rt-users] question about requestors - using something other than e-mail address?

Stuart Krivis ipswitch at apk.net
Tue Feb 26 15:10:21 EST 2002

--On Tuesday, February 26, 2002 09:12:33 +0000 Smylers
<smylers at gbdirect.co.uk> wrote:

> Yesterday Stuart Krivis wrote:
>
>> ... it would be very helpful to be able to link tickets to a specific
>> customer number.  Just as an example, there might be several e-mail
>> addresses that are valid for contacts at ABC Co. ... We need some way
>> to be able to track tickets associated with the customer
>>
>> Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to handle this type of
>> thing?
>
> I haven't tried this myself (yet?), but I noticed that config.pm can
> have functions CanonicalizeAddress() and LookupExternalUserInfo()
> defined.
>
> Could you use these to link together the different e-mail addresses, so
> that RT treats them as the same user whichever address is used?

LookupExternalUserInfo() might be useful. I could use 'Name' to handle
customer #s - I think. :-) It looks like it depends upon having an LDAP
directory with all this info neatly stored away.

LDAP is one of those projects that we know we need to do, but haven't
gotten to yet. It goes along with really normalizing the data in the
billing system so it's useful.