[rt-users] problem compiling libapreq

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Wed Feb 27 16:26:16 EST 2002

Quoting Gashaw Mengistu <gashaw at asosa.org> [Feb 27, 2002 16:10]:
> New to the list and first post. I am having a problem compiling
> libapreq so that I can get Apache::Cookie in my testdep.

[-- snip --]

> I am running this on Mandrake 8.0 with gcc-2.96-0.48 and I
> installed binary version of Apache and mod_perl. Browsing the
> net/list archives didn't turn anything out. Anyone had this
> problem?

You need to have the Apache source in order to build libapreq,
which is in reality an Apache add-on for writing C extensions
that just happens to have a Perl counterpart.  With the Apache
source, it compiles effortlessly.  Mandrake most likely has an
apache-src or apache-devel package you can install.

(darren)

--
There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged
to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.