[rt-users] Time Zone - MySQL only.

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed Feb 27 16:28:33 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Shannon Pedersen wrote:

> The problem?  The actual time getting recorded in MySQL as the "Started"
> field is in GMT!  I didn't realize this until I started using the Open
> Tickets addon that includes this field in the email, and the timestamps
> were off.  When I went investigating, it turned out that the actual time
> being recorded in MySQL is wrong, although it appears properly
> everywhere else.

Your problem would appear to be in the Open Tickets addon, which is not
adjusting the time returned from SQL for your local timezone.

RT's core, by design, stores all time-related information in GMT, and
makes local timezone adjustments when performing time-based queries or
displaying times.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations