[rt-users] Autoparsing and modifying Web Interface

Darrin Walton darrinw at nixc.net
Fri Jan 4 19:12:52 EST 2002

  |+ How do you setup RT to automatically parse incoming email, and convert
  |+ it automatically to a ticket?  I couldn't find the documentation or the
  |+ link in regards to this functionality.

Did you read the README file included with the RT distribution?  From the README:
SETTING UP THE MAIL GATEWAY
---------------------------

An alias for the initial queue will need to be made in either your
global mail aliases file (if you are using NIS) or locally on your
machine.

Add the following lines to /etc/aliases (or your local equivalent) :

rt:         "|/path/to/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond"
rt-comment: "|/path/to/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment"
                                   <queue-name>----/                |

                      <correspond or comment depending on whether   |
                      the mail should be resent to the requestor>---/

Then, say you have a queue called 'service' and you create an email address for
this queue (service at yourdomain.com).  You would just do:

service:  "|/path/to/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue service --action correspond"

and when any email is sent to service at yourdomain.com; a ticket will either be
generated, or an existing ticket will contain the contents.